Despite snow still in the forecast this week and record winter visitation, Falls Creek focus has turned to spring and summer activities.
Over the last 4 years, Falls Creek has been developing single track mountain bike trails. On Saturday, 19th November the trails are set to double with stage 4 official opening to riders. Blue Dirt will be hosting the inaugural ‘Ignition’ weekend of fun with demo bikes, drift bikes, guided tours, shuttles and a beer hall to entertain everyone. They will also be operating vehicle shuttle services, bike hire, skill clinics every weekend for the entire summer.
“During the peak holiday period, from 26th December, Blue Dirt, will be operating every day for the month” says Falls Creek Resort Management Marketing & Communications Manager, Jo Prothero. “Last summer saw a big increase in riders so we are looking forward to continuing that trend this summer with the opening of several beginner trails and the epic Flowtown trail connecting the Summit all the way to Howman’s Gap.”
In addition to mountain bike riding, visitors can enjoy road cycling, trail running, kayaking and hiking, to name a few activities. The kids will be entertained throughout January with a daily kid’s club, including activities such as fishing, nature walks, cooking and games.
Collingwood Football Club will return for the third time this November to put their players through a training camp utilising the resorts many natural attributes, which is a testament to what is on offer at home rather than travelling overseas. The Australian junior cross country team will also host a dry land camp in November.
Events play a big part on the calendar and commence in November. The resort comes to life with visitors’ taking advantage of the cooler temperatures and unique natural surroundings. We are biased but can’t think of a better way to avoid the crowds at the beach this summer.
WHAT & WHEN
- 19th & 20th November 2016 Official opening of stage 4 NEW Mountain Biking Trails and inaugural Ignition
- 26th & 27th November 2016 Alpine Challenge Ultra Trail run
- 24th December 2015 Village Christmas Carols
- 26th December 2015 – 8th January 2017 Athletes weekly program
- 28th January 2017 Dragon Boat Regatta
- 3rd February 2017 Jayco Herald Sun – Start of stage 3
- 11th & 12th February 2017 Mountain Raid Adventure Race & Trail Run
- 12th March 2017 Peaks Challenge Falls Creek & Junior Peaks
- 31st March 2017 Regional Longest Lunch
- 14-16th April 2017 Falls Creek Easter Festival & Hedonistic Hiking Weekend
- 23rd April 2017 Mountain bike closing weekend
- 25th April 2017 Anzac Dawn Service
- 6th May 2017 High Country Harvest Bonfire