With 40 years of suspension innovation for a wide variety of vehicles and disciplines, FOX’s design, engineering, manufacturing, and rigorous quality control tests have allowed us to consistently meet and exceed the industry’s stringent performance testing standards.
The recalled forks comply with CPSC and European safety standards, but at FOX your satisfaction—and more importantly, your safety—is our first concern. While we’ve found that a very small percentage of the approximately 42,000 forks identified in the recall might fail under a set certain circumstances, we feel that the right thing to do is to upgrade all of them.
We apologize in advance for any inconvenience and assure you that the damper upgrade will get you back on the trail safely.
IDENTIFYING YOUR 2013 EVOLUTION SERIES FORK
DO YOU HAVE AN EVOLUTION SERIES FORK?
- Evolution Series appears on the largest left and right decals
OTHER DISTINGUISHING CHARACTERISTICS
- Fork Colors: Black, White or Green
- Remote or non-remote
- Travel: 120mm-160mm
- Decal Colors: Black & White with Silver, Grey, and custom PMS color combinations that are coordinated with the bike’s color scheme
WHAT TO DO
- Locate the fork’s ID code on the backside of its left lower leg.
- Enter the ID code in the interactive form at http://ridefox.com/recall
- You will then be guided through upgrade process step-by-step
- The next step, if your fork is identified as possibly needing an upgrade, will be to locate the serial number stamped on the underside of the crown. You will need to remove your front wheel to get this information. You may also need to clean this area depending on your bike’s use. If it’s a remote fork, you’ll need to remove the cable hanger to see the entire serial number. Please also note that the numbers 0, 3, and 8 can look very similar.