The wearable camera giants, GoPro have announced a tiny new camera weighing only 74g, with only one button and controllable via their GoPro mobile app.
The small size, with a durable and waterproof casing up to 10m, it is going to open up endless possibilities for mounting this thing anywhere you want.
Function wise, the new Hero 4 Session packs many of the features of the 147g Black and Silver model cameras, but loses out on 4K and 2.7K footage capturing capabilities.
It uses the same mount as current GoPros, with the addition of a ball-joint mount (pictured below, third image) for even more mounting options.
The built in battery will give you two hours of claimed run time, and can be recharged via a micro USB cable only, similar to the Shimano Sport Camera we use a lot.
HERO 4 Session Features
– Stunning 1080p60, 720p100, and 1440p30 video
– Waterproof to 33’ (10m), no separate housing required
– Easy one-button control: short press of shutter powers camera on and begins capturing video, long shutter button press powers camera on and begins capturing time-lapse photos
– Captures 8MP Single, Burst, and Time Lapse photo
– Compatible with GoPro mounts and accessories
– Dual Mic system captures enhanced audio during high wind and water-based activities
– Built-in WiFi and Bluetooth® enable easy connectivity to GoPro App and Smart Remote
– Auto image rotation corrects image orientation during recording
– Includes standard and low-profile frame mounts for increased mounting versatility
– New Ball Joint Buckle mount is included
And lastly, who doesn’t love a GoPro, GoPro video made by GoPro!