Giant are one of a growing list of bike manufacturers to throw themselves wholeheartedly into the soft-goods and apparel market, along with other players such as Specialized, Trek (with their Bontrager kit) and Scott.
They’ve just released all the details of their new Rail and Infinita helmets (men’s and women’s respectively), which are extended coverage style helmets, aimed at the trail and enduro market. Packing more rear protection than a standard cross-country lid, they’re also mighty #enduro with plenty of room for a goggle strap, a moveable visor and swathes of flat surfaces to stick your camera mount.
Unfortunately it’s still a few months before we’re likely to see these helmets in Australia – expect to find them here about the same time as the new season bikes, in August/September.
• Trail-specific design with extended rear coverage.
• AirFlow ventilation combines 18 straight side vents to guide airflow through deep internal channels to keep riders cool at variable speeds.
• Removable, moto-style extended protection visor mounts cleanly to the sides and is infinitely adjustable on the move.
• Integrated goggle strap clip keeps the strap in position and prevents goggle from falling off in a fall.
• Integrated camera mounting surface, GoPro mount compatible.
• Low-speed and high-speed impact-tuned construction with Direct Support vents, optimized low-density EPS, and ultra-thin toughened polycarbonate shells all in-mold bonded together.
• Element Strap System (ESS) brings together Cinch Pro™, Optimal Position Y, and LiteForm™ webbing into one fit and retention system for superior fit and comfort right out of the box.
• Cinch Pro™ fit system offers optimal coverage by cradling the occipital bone for full protection, support and comfort. • Lightweight LiteForm™ webbing wraps around the head better for a more secure fit.
• TransTextura Plus™ anti-microbial padding helps fight bacteria growth by pulling sweat from a rider’s head and transferring it through the AirFlow vents. The natural property of the fabric inhibits microbes that cause odors.
• Sizes: Western: S (51-55cm), M (55-59cm), L (59-63cm) Asian: S (52-56cm), M (56-60cm), L (60-64cm)
• Weight: 275g (size M, CPSC, w/visor)
• Colors: Black/Blue, White/Blue, Orange/Yellow, Black/White, Cyan/Blue
• Certifications: CPSC, CE, AS/NZS