Pivot Cycles is updating the Shuttle for 2021, giving it more range, more power and more capability. Being the Arizona-based brand’s flagship e-MTB, the Shuttle uses a lightweight full carbon fibre frame with a dw-link suspension design. It rolls on 29in wheels, and it delivers 140mm of rear wheel travel, which is paired to a 160mm travel fork. For 2021, the Shuttle’s carbon chassis carries through unchanged. However, it’s what’s on the inside that has changed.
The 2021 Pivot Shuttle – What’s New?
Previously the Shuttle was fitted with a Shimano E8000 or E7000 drive unit, along with a Shimano internal battery. For 2021, the Shuttle now adopts Shimano’s latest and greatest – the lighter, more powerful and more efficient EP8 motor. Because the motor mounting points are the same, there are no structural changes to the frame itself to accommodate the EP8 drive unit.
As well as the new motor, the Shuttle also moves to a new battery. Instead of the a 500Wh Shimano battery, the new Shuttle gets a whopping 726Wh battery courtesy of Darfon. That’s huge! It’s a touch bigger than the 700Wh battery in the Specialized Levo/Kenevo, and quite a bit bigger than the 625Wh battery from Bosch and Shimano’s own 630Wh battery option.
The battery is still easily removable from the downtube, and it can still be charged while it’s in the bike via the charging port up at the headtube. Along with the new EP8 motor, which promises less drag and greater efficiency, the new Shuttle is likely to provide a whole lot more range.
Pivot will be offering just a single Shuttle model for 2021 – the Shuttle Team XTR. We’ll see that in Australia, with an actually-not-too-insane price of $15,999 AUD.
For your monies you’ll be getting a Fox Factory Series 38 fork, a DPX2 rear shock, and a Transfer dropper post. There are e-MTB specific wheels from DT Swiss, a tough Maxxis tyre combo with the 2.5in Assegai up front, and big 4-piston XTR brakes.
2021 Pivot Shuttle Team XTR
- Frame | Hollow Core Carbon Fibre, dw-link Suspension Design, 140mm Travel
- Fork | Fox 38, Factory Series, GRIP2 Damper, 44mm Offset, 160mm Travel
- Shock | Fox Float DPX2, Factory Series
- Drive Unit | Shimano EP8, 85Nm
- Battery | Darfon 726Wh
- Wheels | DT Swiss EB 1535, 30mm Inner Width
- Tyres | Maxxis Assegai EXO+ Maxx Terra 2.5in Front & Minion DHR II EXO+ 3C Maxx Terra 2.4in Rear
- Drivetrain | Shimano XTR 1×12 w/Shimano XT Crankset & 10-51T Cassette
- Brakes | Shimano XTR 4-Piston
- Bar | Phoenix Team Low-Rise Carbon
- Stem | Phoenix Team Enduro/Trail
- Seatpost | Fox Transfer Factory Series, Travel: 125mm (S), 150mm (M-L), 175mm (XL)
- Saddle | Pivot Pro E-Bike
- Available Sizes | Small, Medium, Large & Extra-Large
- RRP | $15,999 AUD
Mo’ Flow Please!
Enjoyed that article? Then there’s plenty more to check out on Flow Mountain Bike, including all our latest news stories and product reviews. And if you haven’t already, make sure you subscribe to our YouTube channel, and sign up to our Facebook page and Instagram feed so you can keep up to date with all things Flow!