A part of their new footwear offerings for this year, is Giant’s Flow MES Composite Off-Road shoes. Aimed at cracking the mainstream off road market of enduro trail riders after a light, stiff, yet protective and reliable pair of kicks - they feature a full rubber sole, toe protection and a Velcro and ratchet system for a better and quicker fit.
The not-so-minor details
Giant Flow MES Composite
Notice: Undefined index: host in /home/content/p3pnexwpnas03_data03/71/41242471/html/wp-content/themes/feeltheflow/single.php on line 228
Sturdy straps and ratchet.
- Two shots - both landscape
- Three shots - Big on top
- Four Shots - Big on Left
- Five Photos
- Two shots - landscape and square
- Three shots - Big landscape, two small squares
- Four Shots - All Same Size
- Mobile (new)
- Two shots - vertically stacked, both landscape
Fresh to our shores, they will come in a blue/black, matte black, and a limited edition orange/black in small quantities. We got our hands on the blue, which is clean and well balanced; nicely designed and good looking.
After a quick wear around they are feeling nice and snug, with quite solid adjustability from the ratchet strap and a stiff but comfortable feel from the thick rubber soles. The tread on the sole looks thick and aggressive with tacky rubber over the composite section, which we hope will give it some superior traction in slippery or steep conditions.
With this fresh pair on long term review, we are interested to see how they fare on and off the bike.
- Motion Efficency System (MES) combines a stiff and highly efficient pedaling platform with just enough torsional flex to allow for natural foot, ankle and knee movements during the pedal stroke
- ExoFlex built-in flex zone allows the toe area of the shoe to move independently of the main sole to optimize the natural flex of the toes, reduce heel slip, and improve overall traction
- Stiff composite ExoBeam outsole is protected by a full-cover rubber tread to provide outstanding traction
- Seamless upper provides protection and ventilation while the toe box area helps protect against obstacles on the trail
- QuickFit upper with a single ratchet buckle system and two hook-and-loop straps for simple on-the-fly adjustments