The Port to Port MTB stage race is one of the best events of the year, rolling its way through the gorgeous Hunter Valley and Lake Macquarie region before winding up in Newcastle – we love it. This year, we jumped out from behind the cameras to race it!
To tackle the job of four days back-to-back racing, we wanted to put together the ultimate bike for the task. Our black canvas was the stunning new Yeti SB100.
This freshly released new-school XC rocket was built up with a handpicked range of parts, all set-up specifically for the job at hand. Watch our full video discussion of the bike below, and let us know your questions or thoughts!
In our discussion video, we look at everything from suspension setup to choice of grips, watch for our thoughts on:
- Setting up the new FOX 32 SC 120 fork for reducing fatigue over four days.
- Why we’d not go without a dropper post.
- The spiky tyre on the front, even in the dry conditions.
- Brake setup.
- How to carry spares.
- Choice of wheels.
- Using the Ergon grips to reduce soreness from a wrist injury.
- What tubeless sealant?
- Drivetrain and chainring size.
Watch the video here:
Read our daily wrap-ups from Port to Port MTB here:
Day 1: Hunter Valley
Day 2: Killingworth and Mt Sugarloaf
Day 3: Awaba and the Watagans
Day 4: Lake Macquarie and Glenrock